NAVY SYSTEMS COMMANDS
SYSCOM is an abbreviation for the phrase Systems Command. There are six system commands within the Navy:
- Navy Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
- Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- Naval Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR)
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC)
- Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP)
- Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCOR)
The Office of Naval Research (ONR) is sometimes also grouped with the SYSCOMs, but this organization is focused on scientific research rather than systems development and acquisition. Information for ONR has been included along with information for each of the SYSCOMs, for the sake of completeness.
Updated by Kristin Stiner, March 2023
Comments are closed.